Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to make homemade birthday invites and get your kid to do most of the work!

Bubba loves to color!
His artistic sensibilities inspired me to let him "make" his own birthday party invitations this year.
First I gave him a blank 3 x 5 index card and a box of crayons, once he decided he was done with a picture I gave him another card. He made three or four of them at a sitting. I started about two weeks before I wanted to mail them out.


Sure he is happy here, but those last couple of invites were tough. He really likes coloring books better than blank index cards. I bribed him with the prospect of being able to color in a "grown up" kitchen table chair vs his high chair to finish up the batch.  :)


Beautiful!


Then I printed out the party info and glued it on the back with a glue stick.
Now I just have to teach him to glue the party info to the back and address the envelopes and I won't have to do anything. I guess there is always next year ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment