Sunday, January 12, 2014

Potato Dumplings

I love carbs! They are so caloric, but so good! Dumplings of any sort are one of my favorites. Usually I make quicky Bisquick dough dumplings but when my mother-in-law was in town visiting she mentioned really liking potato dumplings and said they were quite easy to make. And she was right! Mashed potatoes, egg and a little flour. The trickiest part is making the dough into balls, but if your wet you hands with cold water first it's a cinch. I decided to serve the dumplings with a chicken stroganoff, which is essentially my crock pot beef stroganoff with chicken instead and the egg noodles are omitted.

2 cups mashed potatoes
2 eggs
1 cup of flour


Mix together all of the ingredients


Wet hands with cold water and form the dough into two inch balls


Boil in salted water for ten minutes or until they start to float


Almost ready...


There. All floating at nine minutes and fifty-five seconds.


Scoop them out and keep in a covered bowl til ready to serve



Bubba and Ivor decided to do their own cooking project


Yum! Bubba still won't try them, but maybe someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment