Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chicken Bacon Quiche in a Potato Crust

I love quiches! In the past I have made several for my blog, including an Asian inspired one and toaster oven quiches which I made for a while when we discovered the stove in the house we bought was not quite functional. Mostly my quiche routine is the same, I switch around fillings here and there but nothing new, til now. I came up with the brilliant idea to use thinly sliced potatoes as a crust for my latest quiche.

2 chicken breast (pre cooked)
6 slices of bacon
2 small potatoes
chives
generous sprinkles of:
minced onion
oregano
black pepper
garlic powder
parsley

quiche base:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
5 eggs
5 pieces swiss cheese
1/4 cup parmesean cheese

I use a mandolin to slice the potatoes. It is so fast. I have had one in my drawer for years and not used it til very recently. I have no idea why I resisted using it, but I was mistaken. That thing is amazing!


Layer then in a greased pan


All of my ingredients prepared


Melt the butter


Mix in the flour



Whisk in the milk


Stir on medium low heat until it thinckens and add the spices


Take off the heat and melt in the cheese



Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each one



Add the bacon chicken and chives


Pour over potatoes


And sprinkle with parmesean cheese


Bake at 325 for about and hour or so



No comments:

Post a Comment