Sunday, July 15, 2012

Has It Really Been A Year?!


He has dirt under his fingernails, scrapes on his knees, and bruises on his shins.

He follows ants, and sword fights bushes with sticks.

Somehow my little baby has become a little boy. This past year has been a whirlwind of new lessons for both him and me.

  • People who think sleep is overrated clearly do not have children.
  • Cats are jerks. They will take any opportunity to bust open the door to the baby's room if they think it means they may get wet food one hour earlier. (Even though they have a full bowl of kibble in the kitchen.)
  • Babies are made of rubber, and they have super healing powers.
  • The mother's curse is very real! If your baby is being particularly challenging, you probably need to apologize to your mother.
  • I want to be "Dharma"--sometimes I even think I am--but becoming a parent has made my inner "Greg" start bursting out at the most inopportune moments, no matter how hard I try to fight it.
  • Dishes can wait. But baby laundry cannot.  If it is the last clean crib sheet it soon won't be.
  • Cat hair and carpet lint look like lovely appetizers to some people.
  • A slobbery wet kiss can turn your day around!

Yesterday we had "Bubba's Birthday Party Extravaganza" with all of the friends and relatives, now today we can relax and have a more intimate party at home.


Happy Birthday to my little Bubba!
Bubba stopping to pose while enjoying his birthday pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment