Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Churros

This is another half written post from when we were still at my parents. As I was finishing it up, I remembered why I had a couple of half finished posts. I reached the free image size limit for my blog page on blogger. After a bit of research I found a way around it: the image space limit doesn't count for pictures under the 800 x 800 pixel size. Normally my posts have images with sizes of about 2000-ish pixels so the picture quality goes down a little, but I really like having step by step pictures for recipes so I think it's better than nothing.

Anyway a while back, I found a recipe for Churros on this blog, and my brother and I decided we had to have some! Having never made Churros before, we just followed the recipe exactly.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon 


 Mix up the eggs and vanilla.


In a sauce pan heat the butter, brown sugar, water and salt to a boil.

 



Remove from the heat and add the flour.


Stir well. Then add to the egg mixture. 
Now the original blogger says that this part is a work out, 
but it isn't with the help of my trusty kitchen aid mixer!





If you don't have a piping bag (or don't want to wash one afterward), 
put the batter in a ziplock bag 


Carefully squeeze it to the bottom corner...


And cut and 'X' in the bottom tip of the bag. 


Squeeze out 4 inch-sih sections of batter. (it's hard to stop it once it starts going!)


Fry til golden brown.



Sprinkle with the sugar mixture while still hot.



Bubba was so excited to have this special treat after dinner.

"WHAT!? Cinnamon sugar before bed!"

"You have been holding out on me!"

"One more churro, and I'll forgive you."

No comments:

Post a Comment