Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Popovers

It has been a bit busy unpacking so I haven't gotten to write many posts lately, but don't worry they are coming soon. I happened to come across a couple of half finished posts from while we were still at my parents in Illinois so I figured I should post them before too much time goes by!

Popovers have always been a family favorite since I was a kid. I actually remember before my brother liked soup, he used to just make a popover sandwich for dinner while the rest of us had soup. Since they were so popular, we always made a double recipe, which makes twelve popovers.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons of oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt


First pre heat oven to 450, and spray the popover pan generously with oil. 
(a popover pan is basically a large deep muffin pan, you'll see in a minute) 
Mix wet ingredients in a bowl.




Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing just til incorporated do not beat.




Spoon into pan, about 3/4 full (maybe a little less). 


Bake for 15 minutes at 450 til they rise, then turn down heat to 325 and bake for 25-30 minutes, 


til nice and golden brown.


Yum!
Great with a nice bowl of soup.


Or just plain with melted butter


Like all bread products, Bubba loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment