Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nacho Meatloaf

This is to date my best experimental meatloaf.
The only thing I am going to change next time I make it is the addition of pickled jalapeno peppers to the topping at the end to give it the full nacho effect.

1 lb ground turkey
2 Johnsonville chorizo sausages
1/2 cup salsa
1 egg
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup corn chips

For Topping:
1/2 can refried beans
7- ish whole corn chips
1/2 or so thinly sliced cheddar


Thaw the sausages, and squeeze them out of their casing.


Blend with the ground turkey


Add the egg, salsa, and spices


Mix well


Add the corn chips


Blend it all together


Then shape into a nice ball. I made and indent in the top of mine so it could hold more of the filling on top. Cook in the crock pot 5-7 hours on low, cooking on high heat for first 1 hour.



During the last hour of cooking, ice the meatloaf with the refried beans


Add a layer of chips to cover the top


And finally, strategically place the cheese slices. 
(I have tried shredded cheese, but it is hard to control in the crock pot so I prefer to make my own thin slices. )


So good!


A while back I found Taco Bell Bold and Creamy Chipotle Sauce at Target. 
It is pretty close to their quesadilla sauce.


I drizzled some of the Taco Bell sauce on top, then a dollop of sour cream. 
Incredible!  
Bubba really missed out by not tasting this one, 
I think he would have really liked it had he gave it a chance. He loves corn chips!




No comments:

Post a Comment