Sunday, December 22, 2013

Baked Chicken Ravioli Bites with Homemade Red Pepper Sauce

I have been on a wonton wrapper kick lately. After discovering I could make other things besides wontons  I started buying a package a week and experimenting. I really like baked ravioli, but ravioli dough is just so time consuming, and I don't have a pasta machine to flatten the dough properly. It turns out wonton wrappers work great for baked ravioli too.

Red pepper sauce:
1/4 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 cup bell pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of each: parsley, basil, oregano
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup white wine

Chicken filling:
1 chicken breast
1/8 onion
2 cloves garlic
8 mushrooms
2 tablespoons parmesean cheese
1 teaspoon of parsley, basil, and oregano
1/4 cup white wine

20 wonton wrappers

I first put 1 chicken breast in the oven heated to 325 for 2 hours in a covered casserole dish with 1/2 cup of water. While the chicken cooked I sauteed the onions and garlic in some olive oil then added 1/4 cup of white wine, 1/2 cup of water 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and 1 teaspoon of each: parsley, basil and oregano. I let it simmer for an hour then let it cool.


Once cool I added it to the food processor then blended til smooth




Once the chicken was finished I chopped onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the food processor, then put them in a saute pan


Then I minced up the chicken and added it to the pan


Then I added the spices and the white wine and let it cook down for a couple of minutes


The set it aside to cool


I put a spoonful of the mixture into the wonton wrapper 


Fold it over then seal with water




When I'm ready to cook I brush each wonton with vegetable oil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown flipping part way through.


Serve with the red pepper dipping sauce in the middle and a sprinkle of parmesean cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment