Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cinnamon Dough Ornaments

I have been making cinnamon dough ornaments since I was a kid. At my mom's house there are some cinnamon ornaments that are probably thirty years old. And they still smell cinnamony.
The recipe is simple. One four ounce bottle of cinnamon and 3/4 cup of apple sauce. Stir it up til it becomes a dough. 


Then you can roll out the dough and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. 


We don't really have Christmas cookie cutters, only random animals. 
So we ended up with a couple of interesting ornaments.



I like the flamingo and the crab the best



Set them out on a cookie sheet with wax paper, flipping them over every so often. They will take 1 to 2 days to dry out this way or you could put them in the oven on 200 for a couple hours.


I was going to just let them dry out but I decided I needed my cookie sheets to make toffee, so I baked them to speed up the process.


I strung them with twine to hang them up. They smell incredible! (And look pretty cute too)




No comments:

Post a Comment