Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Wontons

On a whim I bought won ton wrappers without any real plan of what I wanted to do with them. After they sat in the fridge a couple of days I came up with an idea.

3 small chicken breasts (cooked in crock pot or covered dish in water)
3 slices cheddar cheese (cut in 1/8 pieces)
1 can enchilada sauce (3/4 in chicken, rest as sauce)
1/4 yellow onion
wonton wrappers


First I cooked 3 small chicken breasts in the crock pot in 1 cup of water for about 5 hours.


Then I minced it in my mini chopper with onion.


I added 3/4 of a can of enchilada sauce and mixed it up.


I place 1/8 picece of cheddar sliced cheese in a wonton wrapper.


Topped it with about 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture


Folded it in half and sealed the seems with water.


I placed them on a pan covered in wax paper til I was ready to cook.
I brushed them with vegtable oil and baked them in the oven at 350 til golden brown, about 20 minutes.


I served them with refried beans topped with a sour cream and enchilada sauce mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment