Friday, March 23, 2012

Pancake Battered Apple Rings

Apples are a little tough for Bubba to eat. They break off into pieces that are a little rough, but when they are cooked, they are perfect for him. A while back on Pinterest I saw a suggestion to batter apples with pancake batter and fry them but there was no official recipe with it. I usually would use Bisquick for pancake batter, but the sodium is really high for Bubba so I did some googleing and found a homemade pancake batter mix at Allrecipes.com, it seemed a little bland so I tweaked it a little.

1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons melted butter

2 apples (I used golden delicious)

First skin and core the apples then cut into rings about 1/4 inch thick.


Mix up the batter.


Dip the apple slices in and pan fry. Flip when golden brown dry on a paper towel.



Enjoy!


I like mine with ginger syrup.


And as usual, Bubba really liked them!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea : ) Very nice! Bubba is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may be a little bias, but he's the cutest baby I've seen ;)

      Delete