Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Red Bell Pepper Chicken Cakes

I was feeling creative the other day, so I did some kitchen experiments. First I made corn fritters (which turned out great!) but then I needed some kind of meat to go with them. I wanted to make some kind of meatball style thing because Bubba is great with most foods but meat is still a little tricky for him to get down, depending on how it is cooked. This is what I came up with. They were really quite good. After making them I think that they would be really good pan fried, too (kinda like crab cakes).  I think I will try them that way next time, because they are a little difficult to get out of the muffin tins (even with liners sprayed with cooking spray).



Here's what you'll need:
3 small chicken breasts (precooked till no longer pink)
1 red bell pepper
12 mushrooms
1/4 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley

Batter-
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour


Chop all the ingredients and combine. (I of course use my mini chopper)


Mix egg milk and flour to make a batter.


Mix batter and veggie chicken combo together.


Scoop out into muffin tins and bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

Yum!


 Bubba approved! He tore through these things like "Mr. Peepers"!

No comments:

Post a Comment