Thursday, March 29, 2012

Uncle Tim's Banana Bread

My brother once said "I'm a damn fine cook!" 

At the time, he really was not, most of his "kitchen experiments" were not something you wanted to eat. 

But now he has turned into a really good cook. His specialty is grilling and smoking meat, but he also makes a killer banana bread. I tweaked his recipe a little because I only had two bananas and his recipe calls for three so I added some apple sauce and omitted the cinnamon sugar topping that is sprinkled on top of the batter before baking because I didn't want it to have too much sugar for Bubba.



Tim’s Banana bread 
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar ( ½ brown sugar, ½ white)
2 eggs
2 crushed bananas
½ cup apple sauce
2 cups flour
 ¼ tsp. baking soda (+ slight extra)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger

           First cream the butter and sugar. 


 Add eggs apple sauce, and bananas. Mix dry ingredients and beat well with sugar mixture.


Add to muffin tins.



 Bake at 350, 30 minutes. 9x5 loaf pan or 16 muffins.  (I made muffins for Bubba)





Are you even a little surprised that Bubba loved these too? I swear he is like Mikey, he'll eat anything!









No comments:

Post a Comment